Frankly, I feel that there is almost no combination as perfect as strawberries and chocolate. (Although, next time I have an idea that involves chocolate, I will probably say the same thing). I rummaged around my cabinets and was quite pleased to discover that I did indeed have some chocolate chips laying around. I would have had an entirely different post had there not been any in the cabinet. Most likely about what a good idea I had and how I just had to eat the strawberries plain (or how I made them into this salad).
I was originally going to make muffins, but I have this loaf pan that I got for Christmas that I really wanted to use. So, thanks for the loaf pan mom! I finally made a bread!
|Strawberry Chocolate Chip Bread||
- 2 cups GF all-purpose flour blend (I used Cheatin’ Wheat Gluten Free flour)
- 2 T flax meal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk (I only had So Delicious coconut milk on hand…use whatever milk you have)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 500°F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the liquid ingredients together — milk, oil and eggs — until they are light.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until just blended. It is ok if it is a little lumpy.
- Add in the strawberries and chocolate chips and give it a quick stir.
- Pour into a standard sized, greased loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Lower the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 – 60 minutes.
- You could also make this into muffins by using a muffin tin and baking at 400 for 15-20 minutes.