This post is about doughnuts.Rich, chocolate doughnuts.
And maybe some bittersweet thoughts.
Nope, currently I don’t have any of those. Currently the only thoughts I am having are about how to keep the kitten from trying to sit on my chest while I sit and type this. And how to train him that feet are not toys. And that Cecilia is the boss.
Back to the doughnuts. These doughnuts might even make you feel sophisticated. Really, they just might. They are dairy & gluten free. And chocolate. Deliciously chocolate.
These are the last doughnuts that I am going to invent for a little while. Although, these have all been so delicious, I need an excuse to bake them all again. Quick, someone have a brunch party!
|Gluten Free Chocolate Doughnuts with bittersweet glaze||
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 100 grams sorghum flour
- 35 grams tapioca starch
- 25 grams sweet white rice flour
- 15 grams flax
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 175 grams (3/4 cup) coconut oil, melted
- 200 grams (1 cup) sugar
- 30 grams (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 3 eggs, or egg replacer for 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 170 grams (6 ounces) bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk together your flours, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together sugar and coconut oil for about 2 mintues.
- Mix in the melted chocolate.
- Add the eggs and beat for another minute or so.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Once all doughnuts are baked, melt together the 6 ounces of chocolate, coconut oil and powdered sugar, whisking so your glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle over the doughnuts and relish your awesomeness.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe