I got them home and took a bite of one. It tasted awful. So, I grabbed a second one. Same deal. They tasted like clothes left in mothballs smell – old and musty. One after another, I cut into them. And they were all spoiled.
So, I have this recipe for you today. A decadent brownie with a swirl of whiskey caramel.
|Brownies with Whiskey Fudge Swirl||
- 105 grams (1 1/4 cups) cocoa
- 305 grams (2 sticks plus 5 1/2 tablespoons) butter
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 500 grams (2 1/2 cups plus 1/2 tablespoon) sugar
- 105 grams (1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 5 eggs
- 10 g flax
- 40 g sweet white sorghum
- 20 g brown rice flour
- 20 g white rice flour
- 30 g tapioca flour
- 30 g sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 2 T whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease parchment paper and line a 9×13 pan. Melt together butter, cocoa and granualted sugar. Remove from heat and mix in brown sugar. Mix in 2 eggs. Once they are incorporated, mix in the remaining 3. DO NOT BEAT! You want fudge, not cake.
- Mix together caramel and whiskey. Pour batter into pan and then drizzle with caramel sauce. Drag a toothpick through the drizzle to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 35 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE! No one likes a hard brownie.