Ok, fine, yesterday was my blogaversary, but I forgot. I was so busy making an crepe cake (which is totally awesome and part of this month’s Gluten-Free Ratio Rally, so stay tuned).
I can’t believe that I have been writing a gluten-free baking blog for a year. It surprises me when I think about it. When I started, I really thought my only reader was going to be my mom, because mammacakes thinks I am awesome at everything. The fact that this blog has led to a TV appearance, an expo talk and a conference speaking gig, I’ll say it is a little bit bigger than I expected it to get.
Today, I also have a giveaway from Rudi’s and Frannycakes to celebrate!
So, by commenting below or tweeting this post to @frannycakesblog and marking it with the #giveaway hashtag.
***GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. THE WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL. Comments are now closed on this post.***
Prizes from frannycakes are: a frannycakes t-shirt and a keep calm and bake on t-shirt are up for grabs and Rudi’s has a swag bag with coupons for 2 loaves of bread and some other goodies for you!
Disclaimer: I am providing the shirts, and Rudi’s is graciously providing the bread and Rudi’s swag. There will be 3 winners. I can only ship to the US (sorry!). You get one entry for commenting below and another if you tweet this post and mention @frannycakesblog and use the #giveaway hashtag.
And now for the cookies. (FYI, it always makes me happy when chef friends ask me how you do things and these cookies got that question). Birthday cake in cookie form. It doesn’t get any better than this. These are inspired by several different recipes that I saw on interest (do you follow me there? I share gluten-free recipes from around the internet as well as inspiration from the regular gluten-filled blogs to help spark your creativity).
|Gluten-free cake batter cookies||
- 1 recipe (or standard sized) [url href=”http://frannycakes.com/recipes/gluten-free-yellow-cake-mix/”]gluten-free yellow cake mix[/url]
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum (see note)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Buttery Sticks or butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup large sprinkles
- 1/2 cup allergen friendly mini-chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cake mix, xantham gum (if using) and baking powder. Once evenly mixed, add the eggs, buttery stick or butter and vanilla. Beat on medium til smooth like cookie dough, stopping a couple times to scrape down the sides.
- Stir in the sprinkles and chocolate chips. Chill for 20 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before you remove the dough from the fridge, pre-heat your oven to 375.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange tablespoon-sized balls of dough about 2 inches apart. (these do spread!)
- Bake for 11-15 minutes. The edges should be starting to turn golden and the interiors should have puffed up nicely. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Repeat with additional dough, making sure to pop it in the fridge while you are waiting for the previous tray to bake.
If the flour blend you used to make your cake mix has xantham gum, expandex or guar gum in it, you might be able to skip it here. I just like the added insurance it gives me.