This is part of the Gluten Free Ratio Rally (other posts in this event can be found No One Likes Crumbly Cookies and mine can all be found here).
Oh crepes. You are magical. You turn leftovers into a new meal and give me a hand held device for consuming nutella.
I was going to make these crêpes into a crepe cake (I did, but I didn’t have enough lemon curd), so I am just sharing the plain crepe recipe with you. To make a crepe cake, gather up your favorite filling (meyer lemon curd for example) and layer crepes and filling til you run out of crepes. Easy peasy.
The only exotic ingredient I call for is Vanilla Bean Paste. I probably should buy this in industrial quantities – like how I need to buy butter and sugar. I highly recommend that you use it and not vanilla extract. Your vanilla flavor packs a bit more punch, plus you get little flecks of vanilla bean.
|Vanilla Bean Crêpes Sucrées
- 1 cup milk
- 125 grams gluten-free all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If the batter is thicker than heavy cream, add milk a tablespoon at a time until it is the right consistency.
- Let the batter stand for 30 minutes or overnight to let as many air bubbles as possible out.
- In a crepe pan, pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for 8″ crepes. Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes (until the edges start to look dry), flip crepe and cook for about 30 seconds on the second side.
- Separate with sheets of parchment if you are not going to use them right away.